Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Running thru life managing your closet

I am in a lot of ways fortunate that I wear scrubs for work.
I do not have to spend money on work clothes allowing me to save my money for
pieces of clothing that I actually want to buy. 
But it has causes me to not update my wardbrobe as often as I should-  
I also have an extremely small wardrobe compared to the average woman. 

So for 2011 I set out with a couple goals when it came to my closet.

1) Wear all pairs of shoes you own. 
I own about 27 pairs of shoes total, which by girl standards is not alot.  Considering 3 pairs are running shoes, 2 pairs are my work dansko, 5 pair of old navy flip flops in various colors,  followed by a pair of rain boots, a pair of snow boots, couple pair of dress shoes, etc. 

I have shoes from high school which I rarely wear and am not even sure why I keep them. 
So 2011 I am making a point to wear all my shoes and decide if the make the cut or not. 

I have already cut a couple pairs from my closet
-My old danskos from nursing school that finally got a whole in the leather
-An old pair of heels from high school that are the most uncomfortable shoes I have ever wore. 
( I just cut them this weekend!)
-Pair a of slippers which have seen better days- they are basically falling apart!
-Pair of shoes I had to buy for a bridesmaid dress (because that was the shoe she picked). 
There are a weird color that matched the dress. 
I wore them three years ago and have not worn them since.  So to goodwill they will go. 

2) Make an effort to wear all my clothes to determine if they make the cut or not!
I still have alot of clothes from high school and grad school that have seen better days but I hold on to them.  NOT ANY MORE!!! HAHAHA!!! 
I stoll a system from my friends blog on how to keep tract of what clothes you wear etc. 
"New Year Closet Organization."
I have started this system and so far I love it.  It prevents me from wearing the same thing over and over and also helps me identify items i do not wear. 

3) COLOR COLOR COLOR. 
 Any one who know me know that I LOVE PINK!!!  If you looked in my closet (which is color coordinated) you would see lots of Pink, navy, and black.  So I have made a new rule that when I am adding to my clothes collection- I need to pick different colors that are not in my comfort zone.  I kept this in mind when I went to the outlet the other weekend and I bought a grey sweater, which is actually the only piece of grey clothing i own currently.  
 
Since Christmas, I have added a beautiful turquois sweater my sister in law gave me, 
a sage green cartigan from Nordstroms Rack,
a beign blouse and a beautiful coral "Fun" shift from the Loft that I bought with a gift certicificate I recieved for Christmas. 

Things I have said goodbye too.....
Two A&F sweater from high school that have seen better days
Two workout shirts that are basically falling apart!  (I have new ones thanks to all my valentine's!!)
An old pair of workout pants that are starting to fall apart
2 bridesmaid dress =0(  While I had good time wearing them- i will never wear them again.
1 prom dress... so sad. 
2 t shirts that have holes. 
2 t shirts I recieved as freebees that do not fit me
1 pair of jeans- that is filled will wholes. 

We are more than 2 months in to the New Year and I am standing by my closet goals!!







No comments:

Post a Comment