Thursday, March 24, 2011

Running thru life... Disposing of a Couch

I am a huge fan of craigslist as it has helped Joe and I of get rid of a great deal of stuff. 
To name a couple-  Old bed frame, kitchen cooktop, kitchen sink, wedding stuff, bookshelf, etc.

So at first I decided just to post an add on craigslist to see if anyone was interested. 
I decided I would be giving it away FREE because the cushion is destroyed from Clemson.
I really just wanted someone to pick up the couch so I
would not have to dispose of it or pay to dispose of it. 
In my add I did include what is wrong with the couch and also included pictures
First, let me say I am amazed how many people do not read the add or look at the pictures and just email you or call you- I got fed up with people.

So I called our waste disposal company - American Disposal.  To inquire about disposal of a bulk product like a couch.  The answer was so easy,  "Yes mama we can pick that up for you as early as Thursday."  I then asked about a fee and the customer service reprentative had a pleasant answer for me:  " No fee, you can have three bulk items a year."  WAHOO!!!!!

So my couch... my friend will be saying goodbye to us shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment