Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Our visit to New Orleans

My husband and I just returned from a short weekend in New Orleans.  
WE HAD A BLAST!!!
Probably a little too much fun.  

I thought I would share some highlights of our trip.

We stayed at the Bourbon New Orleans right in the French Quarter. 
It was literally on Bourbon Street which made things very convient!!! 
The rooms were very nice but small (but we did not spend much time in our rooms). 
The had a pool, gym (which was very nice- I used the treadmill on Saturday morning to get a run in.) 
I was very impressed with how nice the hotel was for the price and also how convenient it was!!!

View from our room overlooking the pool/flower courtyard.

We mostly saw sights, ate, and partied.  
We went to a couple of cemetaries which is really cool because all the tombs are above ground because of the sea level.  
We met some of Joe's distant family, did a lot of walking, took the trolley, went thru the garden district which was beautiful and a little bit of shopping.  
But mostly ate and partied!!!
Joe's cousins (twins) were turning 21!!! 
What a place to turn 21!!!

On our trip the food was amazing... we ate at too many places to name.  
I tried....
Crawfish... good
Fresh boiled shrimp... most excellent
Turtle soup- interesting
Redfish-OMG!!!
New Orleans Coffee-- AMAZING!!!!!!!
Sideways picture of me with my coffeee and my empty camelbak. 

But my favorite favorite was the darquari place I found on Bourbon Street.... Strawberry!!! 
So yummy and they give you them in a sippy cup so you can walk around with them.  
I promised to myself because my race is this week that I would not drink Friday night, would get up and run Saturday morning, really hydrate and then celebrate the twins birthdays with them on Saturday night with drinks.  I had two drinks and was fine.  Hydration is the key.  

So basically Bourbon street was a bunch of people walking around with drinks 
in the most interesting outfits ever.

It was an amazing trip- one Joe and I will not forget anytime soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment