Saturday, March 19, 2011

Running thru life... another Restaurant Review The Red Fox Inn

The Red Fox Inn

Since Joe and I been together my parents have started a tradition of taking us out to a nice Lunch or Dinner for my Hubby's Birthday.  My mom is so cute... she works months on try to find a good place.  She know that Joe and I are quite picky when it comes to eating out.  We do not like chains for the most part- which is hard to do in Northern VA.

This years we went to Red Fox Inn in Middleburg, VA for lunch. 

The Inn is an actually inn where people can stay but also has a small restaurant.  The Red Fox Inn is also a historic site and has an interesting history. 

It dates back to George Washingtons time, the Civil War and to modern day events.  Throughout the years, the Inn has been used for many notable events and by many well known people and has remained a popular destination for anyone who seeks a romantic hideaway in the heart of the hunt country. The Jeb Stuart Room, for example, served as the stage for a rare press conference by President Kennedy and as a meeting room for hopeful Democrats hosted by Ambassador Pamela Harriman, a local fox-hunting resident; Elizabeth Taylor often graced the Tap Room both during the courtship and after her marriage to a local gentleman, Senator John Warner; and the lovely and kind Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis frequently stayed at the Inn during fox-hunting holidays each fall. Today, film and music celebrities are often seen in the hotel and dining rooms.
The Red Fox Inn is on the National Register of Historic Places and the Virginia Landmarks Register.

Pretty cool...  now on to the food.

For an appetizer we shared some Chicken Spring rolls with Plum chutney.  First let me state- I hate plums.  But for this dish- it really made the dish.  The plum sauce complimented the roll perfectly!  Most excellent!!

For lunch we each order something different-
Joe- Bangers and Frites-  Most excellent
Me- Spinch Salad with Salmon- Some of the best Salmon I have ever had!!!
My dad-  Curry Chicken Salad- If we went back again I would try this.  He let me have a little taste and it was amazing.  Very light and not over powering like some curries are.
My mom- Rubin sandwitch with Frites.  Their Frites were amazing- I think between my mom and Joe they had almost 8 total potatoes.  CRAZY..

All and all we were happy and would definitely go back again. 
The service was amazing. 
I ordered a side of Mac & Cheese because if you know me you know I am a Mac & Cheese snob. 

They brought our lunches and the Mac & Cheese did not show up- I just figured it was still cooking.  Joe asked 5 minutes later- the waiter came back with my Mac & Cheese and stated it would be comped because it was delayed getting to the table.  Now that is how service should be. 
Ok back to the Mac & Cheese- AMAZING!!!!!  Creamy and not too cheese with lightly toasted bread crumb on top- between the 4 of us at the table- it was all gone. 

All in all a good place to have a nice lunch.  It is in the town of Middleburg which has some cute little shops.  We were with my parents so we did not stop to look around but next time we will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment