Sunday, March 20, 2011

Running thru life....Our backyard Project Continued

Update on our patio process..

The owner of the Creteman came out two Monday's ago to look at our backyard and give us a quote.  After about 20 minutes of wading thru the mud in our backyard and taking measures, discussing saftey codes, design elements, etc- he handed me a quote. 

I must of made a face, because he quickly stated since we had been referred by a previous customer who was one of his childhood friends he would take off a decent amount (almost 1/7 of the price). 

I quickly figured out what he was charging me for square foot. 
"You should have been a math major" my husband tells me all the time because of the way I just calculate quickly in my head.
While calculating in my head, I also remember at the Home Garden Show I was quoted anywhere from 11-17 dollars a square foot.  So this is where my research helped!!!

The quote on Monday came in signifcantly lower at 9.5 dollars a square foot.  (This also included additional steps, colors, etc- which other companies wanted to charge me more for.  Furthermore, the owner answered all my questions about maintence, etc.)  The owner included in this price our first years sealing for free- which ROCKS!!!!

I was sold!  I signed the contract.
In April our new patio will be here!!!!  (Assuming the HOA approves it!)
Happy Spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment