Friday, March 18, 2011

Running thru life: 1 week and 1 day

I offically have 1 week and 1 day until my half marathon and reality is starting to set in.
I am getting butterflies in my stomach when I think about it!!!

I have worked for over 3 months on this and while that is not a long time,
it has been hard work.  I have changed my lifestyle and started this blog because of it.
This is one of my bucket list items and I so badly want to check it off.
(and move on to the Marathon).

When I tell people I am running a half marathon most of the time their first response is "What time do you want to finish?"  While this is important- the most important thing to me is finishing WITHOUT STOPPING. 
When I ran my first 10 miler I went in with a expectation of wanting to finish because up to that point the only race that I had previously run in was a 5k.  Not only did I finished but I suprised myself and my husband with my finish time.  So do have some expectatation of myself-  1) Finish  2) Do the best you can without stopping!

This week some thoughts have been running thru my head so I thought I would share:
I know I am ready but am I ready enough? 
Have I trained enough?
What are my meals plans before the race?
What happens if it rains?  
What should I wear (while you may think this is a silly question- it is important depending on the weather.)?
Hydration Plan started last week- but am I hydrating enough?
What is my plan for hydration during the race? 
Do I have my last couple workouts set up right? 

It is kind of CRAZY!!!!! 
I in 1 week and 1 day I hopefully can call myself a half marathon runner...
No I will call myself a half marathon runner!!!

To make things better- when I finish the race I get to see my friends at a party that my hubby is throwing at our house.  My two best friends are going to be there- yes the one from Scottland and the one from Southern VA.  So in 1 week and 1 day I will be the happiest girl in the world because I will have completed my goal and also have friends and family around me to help me celebrate.

So this week I keep saying to myself as thoughts of stress pop thru my head....
"It is the price of greatness...."

1 comment:

  1. call me....i have answers/insight to most of those questions

    ReplyDelete