Monday, February 28, 2011

Running thru life... while managing a husband/Guy Shopping

I have been telling my husband for a couple months now that he needs to take a trip to the store to get some new clothes.  He hates clothes shopping but is kind of picky when it comes to clothes so it is not something I can do for him.  So last night he ended up finishing his homework way early so we decided to head to Macys to look for some clothes for him.  He said-  "We are only do tops today."   

My husband is the kind of guy that can not handle alot of shopping.  He likes "guying shopping" which is defined by going into get what you need and nothing else. 

So we Tops on the brain we headed to Macys.   "Guy shopping."

We entered the mens section and quickly split up. 
He found two tops that he like and I have about six that I thought would work for him. 

Out of all the tops- I won.  After 10 minutes of trying clothes on. 

We went to the cashier to purchase.
1) Perry Ellis Lightweight Argyle Sweater (he can wear this with dress Jeans or with his work pants). I PICKED!!!
2) Van Heusen Shirt- No Iron.  This was the one thing he picked but I quickly veto'd the color and were able to find a color that was more flexible with a couple things in his waredrobe.
3) Izod Button Down shirt in Green.  He owns nothing in this color so I was happy when it fit and looked good on him.  This is more of a causal shirt that he can wear this spring with nice pants.  I PICKED!!
4) A causal but not sports pull over hoodie.  I PICKED!!

We topped it off with a pair of Calvin Klein Sunglasses because his other ones are on their last legs.

So with our Macy's coupons in hand and about 20 minutes after entering the store we proceeded to checkout.  Our original bill if we bought everything at full price would have been approximately $190 (this did not include tax.)   With everything being on sale the total came to $124.   I then had a 20% coupon.... so arround $100.  I then remembered that hubby has been carrying a Macy's gift card around from a gift he returned after Christmas.  So we had that applied to the total.... So 73$ out of our pocket later (well actually on our Macys bills) and 25 minutes out of our life we exited Macys with some new clothes for the hubby.   

I will say that I have learned ALOT from being married but probably one of my favorite this is what I refer to as "Guy shopping." 

"Guy shopping" came about almost two years ago when my husband and I started shopping more for our home together... As defined by my husband.  "Guy shopping" is when you go in looking for one thing and you only look for that one thing.  You do not stray from your task like women often do when they are shopping.  I have found it has made my life more efficient and also saves my pocket book. 

Happy Shopping and Happy New Clothes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment