Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Running thru life- The Price of Greatness

When I lived in Baltimore and was working full time as a nurse while going to grad school full time... I lost it a couple times.  I was fortunante to be surrounded by supportive friends and family.  I remember one weekend after I got home from working a 13+ hour shift I was heading up to my apartment while my neightbor was heading out for the night.  He asked if I wanted to come- I said thanks.. but I have a final next week and I need to get some studying in.  He came gave me a hug and said "Well that is the price of greatness." 

It is the price of greatness.  This is something I think of every day!  It pushes me to do more, learn more, be more.  I encorporate it into everything I do- and everyone I surround myself with.  You see for me greatness is being all I can be and being happy.  For some the price of greatness might be different and that is what is so wonderful about this quote- ask 50 different people what it means and there will be a variety of answers. 

While I was running tonight (which I really was not in the mood to do- just one of those days),  I said this quote to myself.  It is the price of greatness.... meaning running pushes me to be great, to be strong, to be healthy. 

So next time you are looking for motivation in whatever you do, just tell yourself.... It is the price of greatness.  What will it mean to you?

1 comment: