Friday, February 11, 2011

Week Three- Food while Running

When I am running any where from 4-8 miles a day, I have to approach the way I eat differently. 
I found eating a high protein diet is really important. 
I also found that have a additional mid afternoon snack is necessary.  
My favorite running foods.....

Peanut Butter!!!
It is high protein- I eat it on Bananas, pretzels, etc.

Bananas
Bananas are high in Potassium- which does amazing things for your muscles!!!

Wasabi Peas
 This is my fun snack-  good protein and tasty!!

Propel Water
I love Propel because it has some flavor.  I started drinking this when I worked full time and went to school.  I love it!!  My favorite is Strawberry Kiwi.

Seltzer Water
I buy this in Bulk at Wegmans ... you can never have enough water when you are running.


Skim Sting Cheese
Also another wegmans purchase- made with Skim milk this is a good Calcium snack.  As women we need calcium!!  Healthy Bones are important.  

Greek Yogurt

This is a good healthy snack- also a goof source of calcium!!! 

Kashi GO Lean
Good source of protein and also my daily vitamins. 


And finally... Meat.
Since I have started I have been craving lean proteins like salmon, steak. 

Happy running + Happy Eating = Healthy Body


No comments:

Post a Comment