Monday, February 21, 2011

Running thru life... Planning a girls weekend Part 2

It is time for my friend and I to have another girls weekend.  After talking we decided that money is a little more on the tight side this time so we wanted to do something a little bit more money friendly. 

So I came up with a genius plan.  My parents are going to be out of town for a long weekend... so we are crashing their place.  Why you might ask?  Well 1) It is not my house and while I LOVE my hubby and my Clemson puppy it is hard to have a girls weekend with boys around 2) My parents house is in Ashburn- closely located to both wineries and the Outlet Mall  3) It is near Landsdown spa.

So our weekend itinerary was as follows:

Friday night we both arrived at my parents house in Ashburn VA.  We planned Thai Food, a bottle or two of wine and the Sex and City 2 Movie.  (We have been waiting to see it together!)  May spend $20 for the Thai food. After watching it... we both had the same feelings.  Good but not great!!


Saturday we got up and did a little winery/shopping combo.  We hit the outlet malls first which was smart because we got there about 11 and left by 2 (when it started to get croweded.) 
I made out like a bandit.  I got a sweater from Micheal Khors for $20!!!!  And a cute dress from Benetton for 40% off costing me only $35.  I promised myself I would only buy things in color that I did not already have and I stayed true to that promise.

After shopping we headed over to Panera to get  a bit to eat... excellent Apple Fuji Salad. 


Then we headed to Fabboli Winery.  We did a tasting for free and then headed to Chrystalis.  At Chrystalis winery we have both already done a tasting so we decided just to buy a bottle of wine we liked and drink it.  We then headed home to get a bit to eat and watch Leap Year, which was quite cute. 
 
I picked these two wineries because 1) I love them  2) They are realitvely close to my parents house and also the outlet mall.  3) Either I or my parents are members so we get free tastings!!!!    Only money spent it any clothes or wine we buy and lunch, but tasting will be free!!!



Sunday we headed to the Landsdown Resort at Spa Mineral for some much need pampering.  This was our splurge.  It was so worth it.... We arrived early at noon and were able to rest in the woman's lounge room where we sipped on Cucumber water and caught up on our reading. The we headed off to our treatments which we excellent followed by a pedicure.  We left around 4:30... it was just what both of us needed and were both quite impressed with the spa.  I think if we went again we would try not to go on a weekend because the lounge room was quite full. 

Well happy weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment