Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Running thru life- Getting back on track

After having all weekend off and being pampered, I need to get myself back on tract.  I realize that I have less than 5 weeks until my run and panic is starting to set it. 

So this morning- I got up and bit the bullet!  8 miles on the treadmill.  I would have done more but Clemson started barking at me and that was the end of my nice peaceful run. 

I know mentally that I need to step up my running schedule.  The first couple weeks I was just trying to get back into my grove.. which i have done.  Now I need to push myself!!!    I find this hard sometimes especially on a raining day where I would love to stay in bed but I have to remind myself this is important to me and something I want to accomplish.  It is also just the half way mark as I hope to be able to do a marathon next year. 

So I say to my brain... you can do it.  You can push me.  I will push back and run harder.

Happy Running. 

No comments:

Post a Comment