Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Running thru life... Managing your memories

So with the invention of the digital camera the photo album is now outdated... or is it?

Shorty after getting married I came to the conclusion that I do not have pictures from our couple years of dating because they are all digital and they are all stored on our computer. 
We occasionally get one printed to put in a frame but that was it.

So after making our wedding album- which I ABSOLUTELY LOVE (see below).


I decided to make a album of all our honeymoon pictures.  How did I do this in the modern technology world that we are in today you might ask-  KODAK.  All of the online galleries have capability to make a photobook out of your stored digital pictures.  (Kodak, Snapfish, Shutterfly.) 


So I uploaded about 120 of our honeymoon photos to Kodak and went to work on designing our photoalbum.   You start by selecting which kind of book (hardback vs soft), followed by the design pattern, then you get to pick how many photos on each page and arrange your photos the way you like them.  You can also add captions.  I loved the way our book turned out and more importantly it is something that we can look at and the photos are just not sitting on our computer.

So after our honeymoon album, I decided I like this idea so much that I decided to make a album for each year.  I started working on 2010 album back in October because it takes me a little while to go through all our photos and decide which ones made the cut.  I was done designing the album by beginning of December which was perfect because the albums were 20% off then- what a steal!!!.  So our 2010 album ended in November and was here by December.  The album was a hard bound album made up of 126 pictures on 36 pages which cost $36 (I received 20 % off and also got free shipping because I spent over 30$- what a deal.)   Here is the Cover below. 

We called the book...
The Year of Clemson Puppy 2009-2010



Here are a couple pages just to give you an idea..



And here are some of my favorite photos...

Me and My Hubby at Lake Placcid!!!

Bride and MOH... so Cute!!!

Baby Shower Time...

Clemson Puppy Meeting Hudson Puppy for the First time!!

The Family on Easter


Napa, Ca (So much wine...)

My Bro graduating in Georgia.

Our House....

Our puppy having fun...

Our new kitchen

There are so many more... put I decided to limit my picks. 
I made sure to include an equal amount of family, friends, events, pictures of the house, however, I think Clemson Puppy had the most pictures this year!!

We now have the book on our shelves with out other pictures- I think this is a great tradition and so much more efficient than scrap booking. I can not wait to start working on 2011s!!




Our 2011 album with start in December 2010.  I now know what I am doing do I have made a folder in my Picasa (picture editing) that I place pictures that I would like to considering placing in next years book.  This will make my job so much easier when I go to upload the photos.

Happy Memories.... for all to see

No comments:

Post a Comment