Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Running thru life..... Inspiring your Significant Other

So now that my hubby is back in school... he has little time to exercise.  This is a problem for many reasons.  Mostly because I have to listen to him complain.... who says women complain more than men!

When we first started dating and thru the first couple years together- we were workout fens.  I still am... however, my husband is not due to his lack of time.  So we were at our Valentine's dinner and he said.  "You know what you should blog about?"  I of course answered with "What?"  Then he said "How to mange working out when you have schedule conflicts."  I answered by saying I do this every week.

So normally during the week- on Sunday-  I sit down and mentally plan my runs.  I do this based on my week and what I know of myself.  So here is this weeks.

Sunday-  Long run AM  8 miles
Monday-  Long run PM  6 miles (I get off work early on mondays- so I try to get a longer run in since I have time)
Tuesday- Short run PM  (3-5 miles)
Wednesday- Short run PM (3-5 miles)
Thursday-  no run  ( I always take off Thursday because this is the day I normally am delivering babies and by the time I get home... I do not want to move!)
Friday- Long run AM  (I actually am off this day so i will be doing my long run.) 8-9 miles
Saturday- off (I am having a girls weekend so I will be taking the day off)

Things I have learned about planning my running schedule
1) Never run on Thursday evenings...
2) I can not run in the morning on days I work because I already get up at 5 and to run I would have to get up at 3:30... so not happening
3) Be flexible... if an opportunity arises you can modify your workout schedule.

So here is my husband's running schedule if I designed it for him this week. He of course is not running as often as I am so his schedule is a little bit on the light side.  The reason I did his schedule this way is because he sleeps in on Tuesdays because he has class late Monday nigth and sleeps in Thursday for the same reason. 
Monday- Morning short run 5K
Tuesday- off
Wednesday- Morning short run 5k
Thursday- off
Friday- Short run 5k
Saturday- Long run AM

So what is your running schedule to help you balance your life but get your exercise at the same time...

No comments:

Post a Comment