Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week One- Why Running

Many may ask- Why running?  The answer is quite simple- IT IS CHEAP.

I use to be a swimmer in high school and swam also in college in the club league for two years.  The thing I hate about swimming- Access to a pool.  First, you have to pay a membership, then you have to figure out times that work especially when you are limited by high school teams and club teams using the pool.  So I had to come up with other solution.

I first was taken in by the eliptical- I LOVE YOU!!!! It was a good cardio workout that worked both my upper body and my lower body.  But one day- I do not know why (Maybe it was the stress of my old job, planning a wedding, moving into a new house) I decided I wanted to be a Runner.

So I started and have not looked back.  It has now been a two year journey that started out with 5Ks and progressed to two 10 milers with the current challenge of a half marathon in my mind. (To hopefully be followed by a marathon for my 30th!!!)  It is not been easy but it has been one of the most rewarding things I have ever done for myself.

That being said-  why should we all run?

That is the focus of this week's blog

1) Cheap exercise!!!  You do not have to pay for some fancy gym membership.  All you need to start is a good pair of shoes (future post), a good sports bra (another future post), and some motivation.
 You have to ask yourself- why not run?


Check back tomorrow for more reasons....


6 miles today....

No comments:

Post a Comment