Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Week 2: Running Equipment- Being Supported

Running Equipment Continued....  Good Support


I found early on that is it very important during running to have good support- support in two ways.
1)  A good fitting bra
2)  Emotional support

First, let me start by saying I have been gifted in my chest area- which means a good vs bad running bra can make or break my workout.  I use to wear two running bras- WRONG!!!  You just need to find a good supportive bra.

I set out on a course to find a good supportive bra three weeks ago.  I started at Dick's because they have a large selection but just could not find anything that I loved- they had the standard bras but nothing great.  My problem I found was I have a small diameter (extra small or small) but my bust itself if probably a small/medium.   So I need a bra with a good band and I was just having a hard time finding that.  So my husband said- why don't you just go to a running store and have someone help you.  Good idea!!! (That is why he is in PhD school!!)  So I went of to the Pacers running store in Fairfax..... big waste of time.  I entered the store and the sales clerk greeted me and asked if he could help.  I said yes- "I need a good running bra with a good band."  He looked at me with five heads and pointed me in the direction of the running bras.  He said "Oh people like this one because it was on Oprah."   Cause we all know Oprah runs!!!   Great so I started looking... nothing in my size....very discouraging.  So at this point I had been to Dicks, Sports Authority, and now Pacers.

So my husband needed to get some new running pants so we headed out the outlets in Leesburg for the day.  I decided I was going to go in every athletic store on my search for a bra...... I found one!!!!!! 
Nike Dry Fit with extra bra support. 



The sales associate talked with me and stated that the bra that I like was actually made for women who need a little bit more support (her nice way of saying chesty).  The band was tight and now I feel completely comfortable with running.  2 sports bra and $40 dollars later I was on my way home a happy runner.  I have been running with them for 1 1/2 weeks now and I could not be happier.  Good support!!!

Support- Part 2
When you are running you also need emotional support....I am fortunate to have my own group of supporters- aka my husband, my brother (a fellow runner), my puppy, my family, and my friends.   They constantly are supporting me and helping keeping me focused...


Me at the Cherry Blossom ... taken by my husband....


Running in Madeira while on holiday 


Me with my personal little cheerleader- Clemson Puppy.
He barks at me while I run on the treadmill

Thanks to everyone who supports me... including my new sports bras. 


No comments:

Post a Comment