Sunday, June 9, 2013

Pool time...

Summer time means POOL TIME!
I was looking forward to this because it was something free I could do with Collin and it was also within a 1 minute drive or 5 minute walk and not time dependent like our mommy group is.  



OMG how things are different with a 3 month old.
I had been warned and expected our pool outings to be interesting.  
I have been three times so far with Collin
Once with a friend,
Once with Joe and once by myself.
The first time we went with a friend we just hung out in the baby pool.  
I placed him in the water a couple times and he tolerated it but it was cold.  
The second time I went I went with Joe which was much easier- 
the pool getting ready process is not as much fun with one person.  
You have to put him swim stuff on, suntan lotion and make sure you have everything you need.
The third time I went by myself and he cried the entire time, except for 15 minutes which he played with his toy.  




After the first time I made up a pool bag for him.
It has the pool passes with his suntan lotion,
a toy to use at the pool (a gift),
his pool towel (a gift), 
a extra sunhat (a gift),
a plastic bag with three regular diapers in it and a small pack of wipes.
In this bag I throw my phone, and a small drink in for me. 



I found a bathing suit by iplay which is actually great because it is a swim diaper and bathing suit bottom in one.  
I have another bathing suit that does not have the swim diaper built in, this was a gift along with another swim diaper by iplay so I have not really had to purchase much for him.  So far I have like the iplay apparel because it is easy, especially with a boy. 



I am hoping as the summer goes on and the water gets warmer he will start to love the pool as he loves his bath time.  
Happy Summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment