Thursday, June 13, 2013

Cribs... take two

Collin is 3 months.
I have been waiting for this because it meant that hopes of more consistent naps schedules were on their way.  
So this last week I bit the bullet!
I want him to get use to taking his naps in his crib- 
not his car seat or swing- unless it is necessary.

I am lucky that Collin slept in his bed since the second night so I did not have to do any transition to his crib from our room.  Looking back this is one of the smartest decision we made and IF we ever have another child they will be sleeping in their crib from day one!

I had noticed in the last two weeks he has been become more consistent with his nap schedule. 
Small nap in the morning about 90 minutes after walking,
longer nap in the afternoon around 1-2 pm,
and then another small nap.  
The smaller naps last anywhere from 20-30 minutes and the longer naps 45in to 1 hr.  
So I started last thursday with having him take naps in his crib.

When he starts to get tired- ie fussy or rubbing his eyes, 
I have been taking him upstairs,
rocking him with his wubba (yes i know some people are against pacifiers but I am going to use it for at least a week or two until he is consistently taking naps in his crib) 
and singing a song to him.  
Once he start getting sleepy I put him in his crib and put his sleep sheep on.
I leave the room and so far he sleeps. 




Yes I am going back to work in a week and a half but Joe and my mom are going to be the ones watching them so my hopes are they will help me with this- he takes his naps in his crib routine.  
Once he goes to daycare in August I am hoping he will be taking more regular naps and am going to request that he takes his naps in a crib as he has a crib assigned to him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment