Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Completing "My After Bug Arrives List"

Prior to the arrival of bug, I sat down and made a list of things that I wanted to complete while on Maternity Leave as I knew I would have a little more time to take care of these things before going back to work.

So here was my list and yes I did put specifics in because in case something happened to me or Joe needed numbers to reference, I wanted it to be very easy for him.   Which actually became very helpful because the first two weeks he was a big help when I was readmitted to the hospital.


Things to do once Baby OH is here:
  • Send out mass email-  Draft Saved on Laura’s Gmail
  • Contact healthcare to add to plan
  • Contact Pediatrician’s office for 1st visit
    • Children’s Medical Associates of Northern VA  10657 Braddock Road  Fairfax VA 22032  703-691-4700,  Fax  703-691-4791
  • Contact work and update benefits due to change of life event
  • Contact Baby Photographer
  • Order Birth Announcements
    • Shutterfly- Saved as Birth Announcement under my Account
    • Labels already made and in label folder
  • Contact Church to confirm Baptism Date 202-903-2806  hflanagan@trinity.org
  • Order Baptism Announcements
    • Shutterfly- Saved as Baptism under my Account- have $20 credit 
    • Labels already made and in label folder
  • Start Bank Account
  • Contact Financial Planner
  • Start College Fund
    • Virginia 529 inVEST plan
  • Start Child Care Flex Spending Account
  • Pay all healthcare bills and submit paperwork to HSA
  • Contact both daycares to let them know he has arrived
So now that we are two months out from Collin's birth besides all the healthcare bills (mine are completely taken care of however, Collin's are still being processed and worked out so I am guessing this will be taken care of by the time I go back to work in June), everything on this list has been taken care of and I am so Happy!!!  Because for the most part, I did not realize how involved some of these would be.  For all of the healthcare, bank accounts, college fund you had to wait for a social security number which took about 4 weeks for us.  Also in this day in age, I am amazed how Collin having a different last name than me confuses people- SERIOUSLY!!!!  

I am so glad how proactive I was in the last couple weeks of my pregnancy as I had already designed his birth announcement and his baptism invitation and saved them to my accounts along with already printing out all the address on labels which made this whole process so easy when it came to mail them.  
I was also glad that I made this list for both, Joe and I.  The list we had was a little more detailed with numbers for our insurance and work stuff so we could have easy reference.  Basically this list sat at my desk and made my life so much easier for the first couple weeks.  

This week I checked off the last item which was Starting Bug's College Savings Plan!  It is a big relief to have this list completed as it seemed I was never going to complete some of the items.  

No comments:

Post a Comment