Friday, May 31, 2013

A Special Day

Three weekends ago was a special weekend for our household for many reasons.  
1) First time my brother met his nephew!


 2) Collin's Baptism
This was truely a special day because we were surround by so many family and friends.
It was a totally humbling experience.  

Joe always knew that if we had children I would like them to be raised Catholic- I was raised Catholic and believe that many of my beliefs are because of this- while I will be the first to state there are ALOT of things wrong with the church there are alot of good things as well.   I do not talk about my faith often because to be honest I am a private person, but this was something that was very important to me and my family.

 When we started looking for a place to have Collin's Baptism it was discoraging because all the churches in NOVA did not want to Baptize Collin because Joe and I were not married in a church and if you remember correctly the reason we did not get married in a church is because they would not let us 4 years ago because we lived together.  Anyway, I was telling this to one of my patients and she actually had a similar story and told me to contact Holy Trinity in Georgetown DC.  I sent them an email being very honest about our situation and I recieved a email back the next day stating they would love to Baptize Collin if we took their Baptism Class.  Last November we went to the class, and I loved it!  The priest who spoke was wonderful and admitted that the Catholic Church was not perfect and that Baptism was about welcoming and sharing LOVE!
So PERFECT!

We picked the date for Mother's Day weekend because I thought it would make it a little extra special for all.

We arrived at the church early so we could find parking, feed Collin and change him.
I was afraid he would spit up on his outfit in the car.  

Of course my only picture with me and Collin
Thanks Keely

The Godparents
My best friend Keely who came up from Richmond, VA
and my Brother, Geoffrey who came up from Alabama.


The ceremony was perfect inside a small chapel.  


One of my favorite pictures



So many people came to help us celebrate this special day.
We had extended family come into town and got to meet my brother's girlfriend for the 1st time.  


Collin was perfect during the ceremony and slept like a baby on the way back.

We then as all Catholic do headed back to Celebrate- AKA PARTY!!



YUMMY!




Basically a time to party, and celebrate Collin 
but more importantly welcoming him to our growing family. 
Everyone wanted to hold him and he was so good the whole night.
He actually wore my brother's Baptism outfit which made it even more special.  

Totally love his face here.


We had a great time because we were surround by so much love!
Collin is truly a lucky guy!
And now a blessed guy =0)

The Final Reason was it was Mother's Day
My first Mother's Day
To be honest this day is kind of a blur because it was so busy in our house with people coming and going which was fine- that we re-created Mother's Day the following Sunday which was a perfect low key day... stay tunned


No comments:

Post a Comment