Friday, April 5, 2013

The Hardest Thing....

The 98 Degree's song comes to mind- 
The Hardest Thing, 
when I think about the adjustment period our family has had to make. 
 Joe and I have made the adjustment pretty well, trying to keep our life as normal as possible still have date night once a week or taking the opportunity to get lunch together while grandma baby sits Collin.  Clemson on the other hand has had the hardest time.  

Up to this point Clemson was our only son, yes I call him our son because to us he is really part of the family.  I think to understand this you have to know Clemson.  He is so full of life and so loving.  I still remember him resting his head on my stomach while I was pregnant and giving Collin kisses.   He in a lot of ways prepared us for parenthood and I know it is hard to compare a dog to a baby but in someways Collin had been easier-  for example- Collin sleeps.  Clemson did not sleep thru the night until 6-8 months of age.  In someways it was worse than a newborn.

That being said it has been an adjustment for him because we are now busy with other things and up till this week the weather has not been the greatest for me to take Collin on walks with him.  




However, this week we have starting walking at least 2 miles a day- and he is happy.  

Clemson still wants to be pet all the time- which I love when I am pumping and feeding Collin at the same time.  So one hand is petting Clemson, one is feeding Collin and thank god for hands free pumping bra!!!

All and All Clemson loves Collin and I try to say his name as much as I can around Clemson so he learns who he is.  He now gives Collin kisses on demand and comes and keeps us company every time I pump or feed Collin and whenever we have nap time- he is right there with us. 
He has even starting resting his head on Collin which just melts my heart- of course I am sitting right there with them to make sure that he is gentle with him.  







I can't wait until Collin is old enough to play with Clemson....



No comments:

Post a Comment