Monday, April 29, 2013

My favorite food.....


Collin's favorite food is milk!
Well it is his only food, but he totally loves it!
He actually smiles while he is feeding- seriously must take after his father!

As you may recall I decided to exclusively pump because he refused to latch which has it pros and cons.
Pro being Joe can feed him, we can easily take a bottle where we go, and I do not have to breastfeed in public- something I would have never been comfortable with!

Cons-  You feel a little weird when you are in  a group and everyone is breastfeeding and you are bottle feeding, and it adds a little something more to your day.  Normally I pump when I feed him so it takes no more time but if you are not on his schedule than it can.  

That being said-  My body loves to produce milk- lots of it.  
I actually diagnosed myself with Overproduction disorder as I was pumping 60 ounces a day at one point- remember he is only getting about 30-36 ounces a day at this point.  
I have worked with my midwife to actually help decrease my milk down because it was so painful to about 40-48 ounces a day!  

If you do the math that leaves about 10 ounces at least a day I am freezing.  
Our freezer was over taken with breastmilk.  




Basically- one of the bottom bins was full and the top pull out draw was almost full.  
It was getting to the point that we could not buy or make anything frozen because we did not have the room.   I knew this was only going to get worse over the next couple of months before I go back to work and he goes to daycare.  We decided we needed to get a small chest freezer- enter Craigslist.  

New these cost anywhere from $200-$600 which was way out of our budget so I starting watching on Craigslist and we were in luck that a lot of people were trying to get rid of them because they were moving, did not need it anymore, etc. I told myself it needed to be ver local, I was not going to drive to Maryland or DC and $50 was our price point.  

Three weeks after starting my search, my hubby picked it up from a lady in Burke....
It was actually in amazing condition and the perfect size to fit in our garage.  




 We turned it on and placed a can of frozen lemonade inside to make sure it works prior to moving my milk.
Then I moved a couple bags of milk down over the next day and this weekend I moved the majority of the milk down along with a couple of frozen dinners I prepared and am saving for when I go back to work.
Our freezer now in our kitchen is back and we actually have room to put stuff in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment