Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Accessorize.. Baby Style


If you know me, you know that I am very girlie.  
I always have been since i was a little girl carrying around my cream and lipstick in my little purse,
and it has continued to this day.  
So when it came to picking a diaper bag, I had a very strong opinions.  
I wanted something that met the following criteria:
1) It needed to not look like a diaper bag.
I hate animals and kids colors- I wanted something classic
2) Needed to be able to function as a diaper bag and purse so I could only be responsible for carrying one bag.
3) It needed to have lots of compartments to help me stay organized
4)It needed to not cost an arm and a leg

A while ago, I eyed a diaper bag that a woman was using while we were out- 
the Kate Spade Diaper Bag.

I loved everything about it!
The neutral color, the size, the compartments, etc- however, the price tag was to high.
I started looking at other diaper bags and just kept coming back to this one.
I was talking to my girlfriend about my love for this bag but I hated the price!
She reminded me of the Kate Spade Outlet in Leesburg, VA.  

So one day Joe and I last fall around thanksgiving time, we headed out there to look at a couple of things and i decided to check out the Kate Spade outlet store,  it was my lucky day.  The had the diaper bag that I had been eyeing at the OUTLET price (which was $140 off the original price) and they were having a holiday special of 60% additional off the bag.
I looked at Joe and stated, "I know what I would like for Christmas."
We had agreed that Christmas presents last year had to be baby related.    


So on Christmas Day I opened my gift, the diaper bag.
Joe got his new little camera- whose home is now in the diaper bag so I always have a camera besides the one on my iphone.
Yes i feel a little guilty that my bag cost around $100 but I love it and use it ever day and can you in after as a purse so it is multifunctional.


I have used it for three weeks now and I love it.
Joe has even committed on how he likes how organized it is.

Thing I have in it now
- 6 Diaper and wipes in the black and white bag
- Camera
-Extra change of clothes
-Wubba- pacifier
-Burp cloth
-Bib
-Extra small bag with lanolin for e, extra nursing pads, small tub of butt paste
-3 pads
-Changing pad
-Hand sanitizer
-Wallet
-Gift cards and coupon filer
-When we go out i fit the mini bottle bag that we received in the hospital also in there
-Extra phone charger- this was a life saver in the ER
Also the side has a perfect outside pocket for my water bottle and it also fit the binder that i keep all of Collin's health records in- I take this when we go to the doctors for his visits.








No comments:

Post a Comment