Monday, March 25, 2013

Getting the most out of our health insurance

So prior to my delivery, I read my health insurance policy on everything maternity.
I wanted to know exactly what I was get myself committed to!

And for the most part I am glad I did- 
I was able to know exactly what new little Collin was going to cost us and also find out some of the perks of my insurance.  Fortantely, I switched insurances with the New Year from Joe's crappy insurance to my awesome federal employee insurance which is 500times better than Joe's- 
defined by the fact that I do not have to pay for much out of pocket.

Some of the perks I found out about with respects to breastfeeding is free milk storage bags- 
150 of them to be exact every 2 month. 
I literally called up my insurance, gave them my info and they stated it will be in the mail in 7 business days- 
if only everything in life were this easy!
This is awesome especially since I am pumping.  I already have about 25 full bags in the freezer so the bags will come in handy and can be another expense that I do not have to worry about!
One less thing to worry about paying for!

Also my insurance reimburses me for my pump rental for 1 month- 

WAHOO!

However, these things would not happen automatically, I had to call them which was not hard and go thru the process which took all of 10 minutes.  
I felt it was worth the time as it will save me 70$ for the pump rental and 20$ + a month in bags- as I am freezing at least 1 6-8 ounce bag a day now.
Time= Money!

What did you find your insurance covered?


No comments:

Post a Comment