Sunday, February 24, 2013

Don't Forget about Your Nurses!

As I am starting to get my labor bag together, this is something that I have put off because well I do not know- I think it makes it more real for me which I am not sure I am quite ready for, I remember that I had forgot to get something for the nurses.

As a nurse, I will tell you, that it is the nurse who spends most of their time with you in labor, not your doctor or you midwife.   For this reason, it is always good to thank your nurses because really they are under appreciated for all the hard work they do.  

For this reason, I made sure around the holidays to bring some goodies to the practice I have been receving care at for the office nurses.  4 of which came into my room while I waiting on the midwife to thank me for thinking of them.  I just brought in chocolates with a holiday card thanking them for taking such good care of me so far in the pregnancy.  Little acts of kindness!

So while at Costco last week I picked up two bags of Lindor Truffles for the nurses when we deliver.  
One for the labor and delivery side and one for the postpartum side.  

I wrote a little thank you note ahead of time thanking them in advance for their wonderful care.  



I placed them next to the pile of stuff I am working on assembling a hospital bag- if I ever get motivated- which I am not!  
Because he needs to stay in there until March 1st!!!!

Little Acts of Kindness make the world a better place!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment