Sunday, October 28, 2012

Pink or Blue?

As I sit in beautiful St Augustine Florida sipping on my Coke Zero, which at the moment is my splurge,  I am thinking tomorrow about our Ultrasound.  
I have been asked non-stop the last three weeks- pink or blue.
My response of course is Yellow and Gray.
Because I really as long as it is a healthy baby- Joe and I are over the moon.
This journey has been so wonderful so far, and we are so lucky!

Yeap tomorrow is the Big Day!
We will be getting our 20 week Ultrasound. 
Yes I will be technically 21 weeks but it was the only day I could arrange it without taking off of work.

If you know me, I hate waiting!
So lucky for us a co- worker scanned me at work, placed what we were having in an envelop and sealed it up for me and Joe to open if we felt the need.  At first we thought, maybe we wont find out the sex, after all it really does not change anything for us.  But having the envelop was just too much temptation.

So two weekends ago, while sitting down reading the paper and having breakfast on Sunday, we opened our envelop.  We are so excited to know what bug is.  
It totally makes it more real for me especially since we already have names picked out.  

However, we decided to wait to our official ultrasound to release bug's sex to the rest of the world.  

Why you might ask? 
Well first of all being a midwife I know that the 20 week Ultrasound involves so much besides the sex.  
They look at the brain, heart, everything- and a healthy baby is really all Joe and I could hope for. 
Also, it has been kind of a bonding experience for us knowing the sex two weeks before everyone else.

So tomorrow will be the day (hopefully permitting my appointment is not canceled due to Sandy!) that we will find out what bug will be.
All I hope is for a healthy baby and that our appointment is not canceled!

Stay tuned......



No comments:

Post a Comment