Thursday, October 4, 2012

More Paint Projects


So while working on the high chair and knowing that he would have to let to multiple coats dry, Joe decided to tackel some other painting jobs. 

We have decided that the furniture in the nursery is going to be white whether it is a boy or a girl.  I truely hate different brown wood colors because of the difficulty to match pieces if you ever want to add on. 
Black was out of the question for the furniture, so white it was. 
We have started to look at cribs and dressers and chairs, but I knew I wanted a book case. 
While I was cleaning out Joe's closet one weekend
(Yes I was cleaning it out because I am a rock star wife),
I realized that the offwhite childhood bookcase of his that had become faded would probably be perfect for the nursery (and one less thing that would need to be purchased!)

So at Home Depot we stocked up on Rustoleum Primer and Paint in 1 spray paint in a White Gloss and he went to work on spraying it.

I think it turned out great!
Again I am a huge fan of Spray Paint and especially Rustoleum. 



Turned out great!!


Joe also had a little turtle from his childhood, which I am assumming was a foot stool.  I totally love this little turtle but again the color did not work with the room scheme.  So Joe came up with an idea.  He would spray paint the shell yellow and evenetually we decide on a gray room color he would paint the rest of the turtle gray.

So this weekend he covered the head, feet, and tail with tape and then spray painted the shell yellow. 


Finished product- Looking so cute!
Eventually he will paint the rest and I hope to get a fun button or something to superglue on for the eye. 


Fun little projects!
Sucessful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment