Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Baby 411

Of all the advice I have recieved up to this point- which actually has not been a lot,
(I think people figure since I am a midwife, I should know everything about pregnancy) the best advice was to read Baby 411 by  Denise Fields and Dr Ari Brown.

With two days of nothing but rain rain rain, I thought this would be a great time to dive into the book.   
So while I do not feel like I learned a tremendous amount from this book I did learn a little particularly sleeping and eating habits that I really am not the most up to date on.  
I did like how the book broke things down for you in an easy reading fashion.  
I could have done with out a couple of the sections particularly the Common Diseases and Common Infections but all in all it was a pretty good book.  

I do wish they would have dived into a little bit more about 
Alternative Vaccination Schedules but this is something I will just have to research on my own, 
and to be honest I already have it at work but it would be nice for mother's who are not in the medical field and do not have time to research but are interested in alternatives.  

I also liked how they reviewed the most popular books on Baby's Sleeping. 
I have found that one mistake new mom's make is they read every sleeping book on the block and then have so much information that they are overwhelmed.  
I kind of already knew what book I was interested in but this helped to reaffirm my thoughts and also let me know about the other books/methods out there.  
 
Fortunately, I was going to borrow this from a friend when my patient told me she had an extra one because she had recieved two as baby gifts. 
Score one for me!  
This is definitely a book that I will like to have around the house for easy reference- 
both for me and Joe.   
This is a book that if I had to pay for - I would in a heartbeat.
Totally worth having!
 I highlighted sections that I felt I would use the most and tabbed them for easy reference.

Even easy to read for Dad...

Guess now eventually it will be on to readying my book about Baby Sleep....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment