Sunday, September 23, 2012

You are my Sunshine.....

As previously stated, I am not one of those women who has had my child nursery designed for the last year. 
In fact, the whole thought of it overwhelms me.
So much that I am having my two besties help me because just thinking about it give me heartburn!
And yes, I already have people asking me about it.
Crazy!

So when we were getting down our baby stuff and I found my yellow baby blanket, I spark flew in my brain.  I had a yellow nursery and a yellow room as a child. 
Hmmm...

A week later when I was looking at art work to put in the new guest room down stairs which is Grey/Yellow and I came accross a "You are my sunshine" wall decel- Joe and I decided quickly agreed it would be a cute idea of a nursery since this was a song both of us identified with as a child. 

So I asked Joe when we were cleaning out the soon to be nursery-
 "What about Grey and Yellow?" 
I showed him my baby blanket and we decided it was meant to be. 

Grey and Yellow is the perfect color combination because it is gender neutral! 
Yes, we are finding out what we are having but we are going to purchase/register for alot of gender neutral items because our hope one day is to maybe have another little bug. 
I am a practical person and it just makes the most sense. 

Green was out of the question because that was the color for our room and I wanted something different.
Blue is already in the majority of the house.
Orange I would never live down. 
So Grey and Yellow it is. 
Joe only protest was he would like a more grey nursery with Yellow accents if it is a boy,
and more yellow with grey accents if it is a girl. 
Totally funny that he has an opinion on this but I love it! 

So bug...
You will for always be ...
Our little sunshine
=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment