Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gray and Yellow...

You may remember with the start of summer, I decided to re-do our room down stairs into an additional guest room.  Basically we had be using the room for storage and I decided it was time to make it into an useable room.  
We discussed what and decided it should be another bedroom.  

So in May Joe went to work on painting the room for me a light grey!

Over the next could pf months I purchased odds and ends from various places.  
Last weekend we started to put the room together and I am loving how it turned out.  

The area is small so we opted for a tall/skinny dresser which we found on sale at Pier1 earlier in the summer.  
The bed we actually purchased on Craigslist and was a steal!  

The chair Joe had previous belonged in our room and was green.
A couple coats of Rustoleum Spray Yellow and it looks great!

The linens I purchased from a variety of stores (basically wherever I could find the cheapest price for what I wanted.)
Bed skirt-  Target
Sheets with 4 pillow covers included-  HomeGoods
Quilt and Euro shams- West Elm during their big bedding sale!
Pillows for bed and chair-  HomeGoods and Bed Bath and Beyond
New Ipod dock station with alarm clock- Costco




Now I still have a couple things to do-
1) Curtains.  I am thinking something simple like white.  I found a curtain rod at HomeGoods.  
I heart HomeGoods!
2) Something over the bed.  I want to place something decorative about the bed.  I want something yellow that will pop but have not found anything that I have loved yet.  So I will keep looking.  

All in all it is coming together quite nice-
I wonder who will be the first to sleep here =0)


No comments:

Post a Comment