Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Traveling Alaskan Airlines

I am always hesitant to try new airlines because well- most stink!
Yes, my hubby and I are major travel snobs because we do it so much and also because it is expensive!

However, on the morning we headed off to Maui via DCA to Seattle, Joe and I headed to the ticket counter to check our bag.  Our tickets already printed off from home and our bag fee already paid. 
We were greeted by the most pleasant woman ever who actually trained in Maui for 6 months and gave us the scoop on where to go and where not to go.  Talk about good customer service at 6 am!

Then we walked up to security, of course I had to go thru the new scanners. 
They made me stand in the scanner for a minute while it was being reset and I did my pump fist dance which made everyone laugh including the security people.
Because when you are on vacation there is no sense in gettting upset or frustrated but to find humor in the sitation... aka... Vacation Laura!

Our flight experience was great. 
The flight attendants actually looked like they were enjoying working and were very pleasant!
All our flights were on time and our luggage made it.  This is a major bonus points especially when traveling with my husband who has the worst travel experiences ever.  
That is why the bag was booked under my name =0)
More importantly the flight attendants came by almost every hour with drinks and a snack. 
The snacks on the leg from Seattle to Hawaii were all themed- Coconut cookie, Hawaiian fruit juices, and then about 1 hour before landing- Mai Tai's for everyone!!  WAHOO!!!! 

On the way coming back we had a close connection time because they changed the times of our original flights.  But they made sure we had seats in the front so we could get off quickly, and we saw our bag loading on the connect flight as we were.  Joe gave the worker two thumbs up because not only did we make the flight but so did our bags!

Our only complaint was that entertainment was not provided. 
Keep in mind that our flight to Seattle was 5 hours and then another 5 to Maui. 
They offered to buy movies but Joe and I decided we rather get some rest, read and just spend time with each other. 

Overall, I would Alaskan again! 

No comments:

Post a Comment