Monday, February 27, 2012

Running thru life.... Evo Bistro Review

This weekend was a nice relaxing weekend- we had a couple things planned but we were not booked!
With Joe back in school we are now trying to limit ourselves to one thing on the weekend.  
This weekend we had something Friday and something Sunday.

So on Saturday morning I decided that we need to head to Tyson's to return two things to Macys.  
Joe has purchased a Robe for me that was huge on me and I got Joe a shirt that just did not fit.  
I wanted to go to the Tyson's Macy to see maybe if they had better selection.  
OMG- I hate Tyson's!!!

So Joe and I started looking where we could go to dinner that night that was near Tyson's.
We settled on Evo Bistro which was one of the Top 50 Restaurant in Virginia.  


It is located right off Chain Bridge Road, about 5 minutes away from Tyson's in McLean.
It is a cute little restaurant that does not sit more than 100 people.  
It is a wine/tapas Restaurant- which I love.

We had reservation for 7:30pm but got there a little early so got to sit at the bar.  
They have Prosecco by the glass so I was sold.
They even gave you wine cards so you could go and pour your own wine.  
We ended up just ordering off the menu but it is a really cute idea.  The wines were reasonably prices- any where from $7 to $14 up to $25 (most expensive) a glass.  
My prosecco was $9 and Joe's was $9.  


The wait staff then came and got us and sat us at our table.  

She even commented on how much she liked my boots- which my hubby found totally commical!
Our waiter ended up being the same guy who was our bartender.  
Andrew- very nice and had some good recommendations. 
 
 We ended up getting 4 tapas:
The Patas Bravas
The Butternut Squash Ravioli
Spicy Tuna
Bacon Wrapped Dates

We did not have a single thing that was not delicious.  
Joe's favorite was the spicy Tuna while mine was the Squash Ravioli

What I loved is they only brought one or two out at a time so it was not rushed in any fashion.  Andrew checked back on us a couple times to make sure everything was good.

We loved Evo Bistro!!


No comments:

Post a Comment