Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Running thru life.... The UK

When we were packing for London, I truely had no idea what to expect and for the first time in my whole adult life of going on a trip I had not planned anything. 
Yes me who plans everything- NADA!!
I completely left everything up to my very best friend and her hubby. 
Most of this was due to the fact that Joe was busy with school/work and I was superbusy with work!

We had an amazing trip and it could have not been more perfect for what me and my hubby needed. 
Over the next couple of blogs I will detail our trip!
This trip was a little different in that fact that we were visiting friends.  So while we did do alot we mostly just hung out (in pubs)! 

Monday December 26th-
Took off from Dulles traveling AIRFRANCE.
Yes AIRFRANCE ROCKS!

Tuesday  December 27th-
Landed in Heathrow Airport. 
Took us 45 minutes to get thru customs. 
The English are not as efficient as us Americans!
Then our friends met us at the airport and drove us to their house. 
They live on a military base which is tiny tiny compared to American standards.
To get there we drove thru English countryside which was gorgeous. 
Upon arriving we hung out for a bit and then Joe and I took a very very long nap. 
For dinner we headed to this cute English Pub that was 5 minutes from their house. 
We had the traditional dinner- Joe had meat pie and I have a macorroni bake with beer and cider!
Oh how I love cider! 
They had it everywhere in the UK- 1 point for the UK. 
Magners was by far my favorite and my staple for the trip!
Wednesday December 28th- Stonehenge
Joe and I slept in till noon- CRAZY!!
Upon waking we had a quick bit to eat and then headed off to Stonehenge.
Only a 20+ minute drive from where our friends lived. 
It was pretty amazing. 
Seriously, these big stones in a field. 
You did have to pay for admission but part of admission was a walking tour which was quite interesting because ALOT about Stonehenge is unknown.  
Cost for two:  23$

It was very windy as you can see so I was glad to have packed my scarf and gloves!
We spent probably a little between 1-2 hours walking around. 
It was not particularly crowed which was nice. 

After Stonehenge we headed to another pub for ciders and beers to warm up. 
Oh pubs- Point 2 for the UK.
Pubs are awesome-
really you just walk in, get a seat, and drink. 
No waiting in line, no rude people, no cover charge. 
Oh and you can bring your dog everywhere!
We headed home for a home cooked meal and a movie night. 

Up Next:  Our day in London

No comments:

Post a Comment