Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Running thru life.... Traveling Smart!

We are back from London and what a trip!
Since we left the day after Christmas, I knew that I was going to have to pack smart.  
Christmas Eve was at my parents followed by Christmas Day at the Heckers.
We got home and unloaded all our goodies and went to bed by 11pm.  
CRAZY DAY.

The next morning we woke to play with Clemson and finish items up before heading off to the airport!

This trip I packed the lightest I have ever back to a point that I had less stuff than my husband.  My husband will argue this is due to the fact that I am smaller- but still.  We went for 7 days and I used almost everything I packed!

I packed 1 medium suitcase and my Vera Bradley bag.

In my suitcase was the following:
7 pairs of underwear (used all)
6 pairs of socks (used 4)
2 bras (used all)
1 set of PJs (used all)
1 undershirt  (used)
5 sweaters (used all)
1 additional pairs of jeans (did not use)
1 set of leggings (used)
1 sweater dress (used)
2 dressy dresses  (used 1)
1 set of flats (used)
1 set of heels (used)
1 shell to my Northface that has a hood (used ALOT!)

I wore on the plane a pair of jeans, boots, sweater, with Northface Fleece.

In my Vera Bradley I pack everything else that I would need while we were traveling.
I truely love my Vera Bradley bag because it is light, and has so many pockets for me to place stuff.
This is what was placed in the bag

1 very small umbrella (used)
1 small bag of electronics like power cords.  I placed them in a clique small bag that I had recieved for free.  (Used)
1 container that contained sleeping pills,  Tylenol, Excedrin, and vitamins. (used)
1 small pack of tissues (used completely)
1 collapsable water bottle (used)

1 pack of Nuun tablets (used)
1 leather case with all travel information and passports (used)
This case was given to us by our travel agent for our Greece Trip.  I totally love it that I can keep everything in one place. 
3 magazines (used)
1 ipad (used)
1 set of hat/gloves

The only thing I did not use from the trip was an extra dress and the other pair of jeans I packed.  
Joe packed our toiletry bag in his bag which again I packed with everything disposable so it made it super easy.  
All and All it was very good packing.  
I had one medium size suitcase and my Vera Bradley bag while Joe had 1 big suitcase and his camera bag.  

Up next... AIRFRANCE ROCKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment