Saturday, January 28, 2012

Running thru life.... Motivating my ass!

Lately I have had to try real hard to motivate myself to run.
Do not get me wrong- I will gladly run 3 miles 4-5 times a week.
But.... anything beyond that I am having to bribe myself. 

Monday I told myself if I ran 5 miles then I could take an afternoon Nap- it worked. 
Thursday I told myself if I ran more than 3 miles (ran during my lunch break at work so did not have so much time) I could relax Thursday night with painting my nails. 

I know- this is absurd. 
I am a grown woman.
I should not have to BRIBE MYSELF!
This is for my health we are talking about!
But I am just not motivated lately. 
I get running and then I start to think about all the things I need to get done- Refinancing, Taxes, Birthday gifts for so-so, schedule changes at work, etc. 

So while ready my book of the week

100 Habits of Happy People


One of the habits was:
Think about only 1 thing when falling asleep. 
This totally makes sense about sleeping. 
So while in bed last night- I thought (while I was trying to fall asleep) on how I am going to use this habit towards running-  1 thought and that is it! 

We will see how it works this week and will let you know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment