Monday, January 23, 2012

Running thru life... Cookies with Tea

On Sunday while I was working on our Will and Finances, 
I decided I needed to give my hubby a "task" because he was driving me insane while I was trying to get work done.  
So I asked him to bake some Shortbread Cookies for us to have with our tea.

So he used an old family recipe:
1 cup butter softened
3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar
3 c. flour
pinch of salt

Cream butter, add sugar
Beat until light and fluffy.
Combine flour and salt.
Add to creamed mixture.
Beat well.
Roll dough out on floured board to 1/4 inch thickness.
Cut out with 3 inch cookie cutters.
Place on ungreased cookie sheets.  
Bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned.
Store in airtight container with waxed paper between layers.  


 He used a variety of cookie cutters =0)


Yummy Cookies!
At least I had something to look forward to after finishing our wills- how depressing.
More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment