Friday, November 18, 2011

Running thru life.... IT IS COMING

November has hit-
The holiday are upon us. 

This means besides the normal Christmas shopping a couple things must take place. 

1) Annual trip to Trader Joe's
Normally in November I make a run to Trader Joe's to stock up on some extra wine for parties we are invited to or gifts.  I like Trader Joe's because they have a decent selection. 
So I went last week during my day off and stocked up our wine cellar!

2) Annual Clemson/Univ of SC Game party at our house!!!
This is a tradition we are starting this year primarily because this one of the first Thanksgiving Weekends that we will be home and are not crazy busy. 
 I actually have a couple things to do to get ready for this but that will come later. 

3) Order Christmas Cards
I like ordering our Christmas cards in early November which means we received them by mid Nov and have them out around Thanksgiving time.  I tend to either order them from Snapfish or Kodak depending the design I like the best.  This year will be Snapfish because I have a credit that I need to use. 
I finished the proof and had Joe look at it. 
I ordered them this last Monday once their sale hit for buy one set get one set free- 
50% off- can not beat that!

4) Update our calendars
The holiday season is a particular busy time for us with multiple parties, friends, and family in town.  So at the beginning of November I sit down and go over it with Joe just to make sure everything is on the calendar and to also plan out.   

5) Gift for Co-workers
I have never been a big gift giver at work primarily because it can get expensive. 
So each year I just have to come up with some to give a number of my co-workers something small. 
This year- I WILL BE BAKING. 
Thanks to my Holiday  "Family Circle" Magazine that I recieved for free-  I already have two recipes. 

6) Survive the holidays- while this might seem obvious, I find the holiday particular stressful and have learned that I must run and must sleep. 
But above all- I must laugh even at myself!


7) Get stuff ready for London-
we will be traveling after the holiday season to London to visit one of my besties and her husband.  She has given me a couple things to pick up for her back in the states that are not available in the UK.  I will plan on picking these up as we go.  It is an understatement to say that I am excited about leaving the US- mostly because my husband's blackberry wont work and work can't bother him!!!
I am jumping for excitement- of course picture me in warmer clothes because it is going to be freezing in London!


8) Christmas decorating- I have decided this year I am going with the less is more approach. 
I plan on putting everything up the Sunday after Thanksgiving so I can fully enjoy our Christmas tree- also because I have a 5 day weekend with Monday off!


 I will put up the Christmas tree and decorate, place out the wreath and lights on the front door, and place out some Christmas candles but that is all I am doing.   
 I am not buying anything new because we really don't need anything. 

What do you have on your list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment