Monday, August 8, 2011

Running thru Life..... A Restaurant Review


We have been going full steam ahead this summer with traveling and spending time with friends and family.  That being said Joe and I have not been good about having our "date nights" every week.  This weekend we had nothing planned so a month ago when I was reading an Washington Post article on Mike Isabella's new restaurant Graffiato in DC- I thought it would be a perfect date night.

For those of you who do not know us, one of our favorite shows to watch together is TOP CHEF.
Top Chef All Stars has been one of my favorite and I was rooting for Mike who ended up being runner up.  

So I set this date night up and did not tell Joe..... 
He loved it and so did I.  

When you think the restaurants that most top chef's have they are expensive and formal dinning.
This is the exact opposite.
Downtown right across from the Verizon Center- it has a nice bar area on the 1st floor and more tables upstairs.  The menu changes due to most of the food is purchased locally-  big plus in my book.

So here are some pictures and some thoughts on our experiences.
 
 Prosecco on Draft- ROCKS!!!!





 The menu is set in either with small plates idea or a big meal. 
Joe and I decided to go with the small plate idea. 

 We started with the 

Roasted Potato Gnocchi  with braised pork shank, burrata
By far Joe's Favorite!!
Then......



Sweet Corn Agnolotti with chanterelles, pine nuts
By far my favorite


Pork Ribs sicilian oregano, coriander yogurt
Good- next time we would probably try something else. 
The yogurt sauce was ok....
The least favorite things we had- but still good


For dessert...


Nutella Cookies chocolate, hazelnut, sea salt
Amazing in my mouth!!!!




Chocolate Tart $8 with olive oil, sea salt gelato
This is truly a dark chocolate dessert- Joe loved, I did not!

This is def a place we will return to!




No comments:

Post a Comment