Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Running thru life....More Space in our Lives Part 2

It is done....
After about two weeks of tearing thru our house I feel more centered!
I hate when things do not have a place and now I feel better.

Started with the kitchen- getting rid of anything and everything that did not have a purpose.

Then cleaning out the guest room, from the closets, the dressers, to the computer desk- so much better.
Drawers have been pretty much emptied of junk and are much more organized now. 
I only hope we can keep it that way!! 

Then reorganizing the Christmas stuff-  Down from 5 boxes to 3.  Yeap I ROCK!!!
Reorganizing the rest of the holiday stuff- down from 3 separate places of storage to 1 bin!

Garage has been ransacked and got rid of so much junk.
 

Both our closets cleaned from top to bottom and cleared of junk.  

Cleaned thru all of the high school/childhood stuff from both Joe and I- both kept a small container of things... the rest.... GOODBYE!

Here is currently the pile of stuff going to Salvation Army... with possibly more to come.

CRAZY!!!

And.......

Our new crawl space

Jim who installed it told me that it is at least 200+ square feet of space..
I could live in that!!!
He set it up with a magnet system. 
Yeah....

Everything moved into the crawl space......
 

The Following items made it in to the crawl space
1) 3 of the 4 boxes of holiday stuff.
One is just too big to fit in the door.
I will have to put it in the garage.

2) All of the suitcases

3) My Wedding Dress

4) 1 Box of my childhood stuff and 1 box of Joe's

5) Space Heaters for the winter

6) Areobed

7) 2 Holiday Wreaths

8) 1 set of golf clubs

9) 1 Clemson fold up chair

10) Step stool

11)  Smaller Christmas tree

Obviously,  I put things to the back that we won't use like our childhood keepsakes, and Christmas items and put the more common stuff towards the front like the suitcases and heaters. 

My husband stopped last night at HomeDepot to pick up 2 Sylvania Dot-It Silver LED Battery Operated Tap Light. 



I placed two in different locations so that there is some light in the crawl space.

Joe was impressed that everything fit in the crawl space and that it was all done by the time he got home on Monday.  Yeah for days off!

SO HAPPY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment