Thursday, July 21, 2011

Running thru life...Bring on the veggies

The veggies are in.....


The squash is doing great!

The tomatoes was crazy

The basil is out of control- growing on our deck and in the veggie garden!

The mint is growing crazy. 
Yeah for mojitos!

The bell pepper is the only thing that did not take.
=0(
So in the future I will not be planting bell peppers.

This week we made homemade stirfry with all the veggies and some shrimp. 
Tonight we are making Basil and Tomato Pizza. 
Very yummy!
And very Free.

I have already calculated what I spent on all the plants. 
Around 30 dollars for 2 tomato plants, 3 squash, 1 bell pepper, onions, 1 mint, 2 basil.
It has already paid off for itself just in the mint department. 
We were having to buy mint once or twice a month last summer at 3 bucks a pop.  
This is something I will be doing next year with a couple of changes.   
And if you live near me I might end up having to share =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment