Friday, July 8, 2011

Running thru life... A new challenge

Lately I have not been motivated to run. 
Maybe it is because it is a million degrees!!!
Maybe because work has been kicking my butt lately.
I do not know why...
That being said- I need to work out. 
My mind can tell.
My body can tell.

So Wednesday night I headed to Oak Marr Rec center for some quiet alone Laura workout time while my hubby was out doing something with friends. 
I enjoy working out by myself.


I walked in to the rec center and purchased my passes- 25 total. 
My plan had been to start going to the rec center at least 2-3  times a week to either swim or eliptical first and then run. 

I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the gym as they added more elipticals and more treadmills!!
Yes!!!
Nothing annoys me more than going to the gym and having to wait for someone who is walking slower than molasses to get off the treadmill.
So I started my workout with 45 minutes on the eliptical. 
Followed by 35 minutes on the treadmill. 
I love their treadmill because they have fans build in to them! 
Finished with a series of weights and stretching.

When I got home I was exhausted- I slept amazing.
I miss working out and know I need to make an effort to get back into it.
So tonight it will be a short 3 mile run on the treadmill when I get home and off to the Gym tomorrow morning for another hard workout.
=0)


No comments:

Post a Comment