Friday, June 24, 2011

Running thru life.... Tri Tri

This week my husband emailed me with a link to the DC tri which will be June 17, 2012. 


I have been wanting to do a tri since I started running. 
I grew up swimming and even completed in club in College. 
Now that I am a "runner," all I need to add in is biking. 

The DC Tri Sprint is broken down as follows
.8K swim= 1/2 mile swim
20K bike= 12.5 mile bike
7.5 K run= 4.66 mile run

I am so torn on what to do- fortunantely I have a couple months to decide. 
This is something I would love to do but it would be a investment both in training time
(which I can make time for) and also equipment. 
It would require me renting a wet suit, repairing my bike tires, etc. 

I have already told my husband that I am running the Disney Princess Half Marathon
next year because it is on my bucket list and so is a Sprint Tri and a Full Length Tri. 
This Tri is a sprint but it actually quite lengthy for a sprint - some sprints are only 1/4 mile swim, 
7 mile bike, and 2-3 mile run. 
These are the ones I have found which I just do not feel like it would challege me enough. 
The DC Tri Sprint would be perfect. 
The full tri which I am considering-  is
1.5 k swim=  .93 miles
40 k bile= 24.85 miles
10 K rune= 6.2
So the Big difference is in the bike. 

My plan is to start training in September and see how I do...... maybe it will be the sprint or the full. 
My husband is trying to decide if this is something he is going to do with me. 
Only time will tell.
On to my next quest... the Tri

No comments:

Post a Comment