Thursday, May 26, 2011

Running thru life... Planning Vacation Cont'd

My hubby and I decided on Greece!!!!

I started researching via 2 co-workers who had previously been, a couple travel books, and trip advisor. 
After talking with my hubby we decided the following. 
If we are going to Greece... we are going to do Greece. 
Meaning we want to see different areas. 
We decided 3 areas would be ideal. 

We picked:
1) Athens - I love Greek Mythology and have always wanted to see the Acropolis. 


2) Mykonos-  A Greek Island known for the beautiful beaches and fun town.
aka... Relaxation Town!

3) Santorini-  Greek Island which is know for the wineries, beautiful sunsets, and blue topped buildings. 


After deciding all of this I made the conclusion that we were going to do this thru a travel agent. 
With three different locations with hotels, flights, ferries, etc to worry
about I wanted someone who does this for a living. 
I first contacted a couple travel agents in the area and also two that were known for Greece trips. 
I was met with either 
1) No reply 
2) Outrage when they heard what we wanted to spend on our trip. 
Both of the Greece specific travel agents told me we would not be able to do Greece on the budget we wanted. 
Let me say it was very frustrating. 

Then our neighbor mentioned a travel agent they had used and had great success with. 
So I emailed her in detail with what my husband and I were interested in:
2 week trip to Greece with stops in Athens, Mykonos, and Santorini.  
(Spending on two nights in Athens and then more time on the islands). 
Each room must have a balcony, and include breakfast.
(This is something that we had on our honeymoon and we consider it a must!  Breakfast included means it is one less meal to eat and most of the breakfast services go to 10 or 11am so you can really make it breakfast and lunch which means you just need to eat one other meal.)   
Budget XXX
Time of year we were looking to go  XXX

She replied a couple day later with a tentative itinerary, three hotel recommendations with pricing for each stop, airline prices, etc.   (Staying with our budget). 

I then used tripadvior to help with out decision in the hotels.  We will not be going till later this year.
But I am so excited!!!!!
Where are you going this year that will be fun? 

No comments:

Post a Comment