Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Running thru life... Patio time 3

Step 3 was planting veggies.
My mom and dad have always been big gardeners. 
We are fortuante that we get enough veggies from them that we normally do not have to buy any produce during the summer except for an occassional letus.  

So I decided to take the plunge and see what happens. 
I headed to Home Depot with two thoughts in my mind based on my mom's advice.
1) Do not spend alot of money
2) Get a varitey of veggies
3) Only get things you will eat

With us not having a great deal of sun in the backyard ( The veggie garden will get the most sun) I am not sure what will grow well.   So I purchased two different tomato plants for less than $2 each,  1 yellow squash, 2 cuccumbers, 1 basil plant, 1 sweet red onion punch, and 1 bell pepper plant. 
(Everything cost under $2.50 individually)
This weekend I planted them.  
Here are the results.


My mom gave me some manure and tomotao food to help.

I already planted a mint plant I bought three weeks ago at Wegman and it is going crazy on our deck.
Yeah for Mojitos!!!

I will update you and let you know of our sucess. 

1 comment:

  1. Claire and I look forward to mojitos this weekend!

    ReplyDelete