Monday, May 23, 2011

Running thru life... The Mojito


A couple years ago my future in-laws introduced me to the Mojito.

I was instantly in love.
Let me start by stating that I do not drink a lot mostly because it only takes one drink for me. 
I can not drink heavy liquor drinks because my body just does not handle it.  

I do not drink most beers because I just do not like the taste. 

This makes it hard for me.  But not with the Mojito. 
It is a wonderful refreshing drink.  That is part alcohol and juice/sparking water.
This is my husbands recipe which I think it perfect.

 Ingredients:  Limes, Mint  Sugar, Bacardi Run and Lime flavored Seltzer Water

Step 1:  Cut limes in half
Step 2: 2 tsp of sugar in to each glass
Step 3:  Squeeze one lime in to each glass. We use a lime squeezer for this which rocks!
Step 4:  Add Mint leaves to Taste.  We like mint so we are heavy on it.
Step 5:  Take the squeeze lime peel and cut into small pieces.  1/4 peel per glass
Step 6: Muddle with Muddler
Step 7: Add 1 shot of Bacardi Rum
Step 8: Stir to make sugar dissolve
Step 9: Fill glasses with ice
Step 10: Fill remainder of glass with Lime Flavored Seltzer water and stir.
Step 10: repeat steps as necessary!!!


Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment