Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Running thru life... Breaking down

My hubby and I went to dinner with some friend a couple weeks ago and they were surprised to learn that we do not have a house keeper who comes in t our house to help us clean.   Up to a couple months ago this thought had never crossed my mind because up to this point my hubby and I have been able to manage it.   We had split up the household chores. 

However, with some recent changes- i.e Joe going back to school while still working full time, me become more active in a running schedule, and also finding myself taking more on at work with longer hours- I need help!!! I could manage the everyday things but the hard things are the big things like waxing the floors, cleaning the bathrooms, etc.

I brought this up with my husband a couple months ago and he laughed at me stating it was not necessary.  But now thanks to the helps of my friends and also my mother-in-law, who gave my husband a hard time, we will be having someone come in to help me.

We will start using her in June once a month since Joe will be home more this summer since he will just being taking a couple hours of research.  In the fall, if I am happy, I will probably start having her come once a month.

So I sat down and make a list of things that I really want a cleaning helper to do.
Here is my list:
Clean bathrooms
Clean windows
Wax the floors
Dust

The price of it once a month is equal to one nice dinner out.  After discussing this with my husband we decided it is both worth it so when we do have time we can spend it together and not cleaning.
I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment