Sunday, May 1, 2011

Running thru life... Getting your dog running

It has been a goal of mine to get Clemson to the point that he can run with me. 
Up to this point this has been difficult because I have been training and running long distances
which is not the ideal for a dog. 
Now that I am back to running around 3-5 miles 4 times a week it is easier to work with Clemosn on his running out door.  Up to this point Clemson has thought whenever we run together that it is a game. 
So he will try to grab his lesh with his mouth and then run around me.
Not fun!!

Today I thought I would try something different. 
Today I walked for about 1/2 mile and found Clemson a stick. 
I gave him the stick and we were happy for the next three miles.

The trainer that I have been emailing back and forth with said that he is working dog
and has to have a job to do. 
So his job today was running home with a stick. 
Crazy but it worked. 
Now he is sleeping on the couch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment