Thursday, April 21, 2011

Running thru life... a family event

My brother is an awesome runner, to be honest... he is good at every single sport he plays.
Enough to make you sick... but I love him anyways. 

He has been a running buddy from far away while I was training for my half marathon.
My brother and his girlfriend just finished a half marathon they ran together. 

Can I get a WAHOO!!!!

So now I have decided that my brother and I must run together. 
I would like to run the Disney Princess Half Marathon in Febuary,
the New York Womans Half Marathon in April,
and possibly the Cherry Blossom 10 miler in April
(if i do not get screwed by the lottery system again!!!- URRRR)

While I run ALOT slower than he does- he promises he will run with me and keep me motivated.  
Something I definitely needed the last three miles of my race.  
So with my brother in Alabama and me in Northern Va we are one the hunt for a 1/2 marathon.
However there are some condition I laid down before the search:
-It must be cold weather.  Both my brother and I do not do well in the heat, especially me.  Ask my husband about the time I passed out after walking back from the pool when it was 100+ degrees.
-It must not be hilly.  My brother ran a marathon that basically was up this mountain. 
I have no desire to do that. 

So wish us good luck in searching.   

2 comments: