Saturday, March 5, 2011

Running thru life... Another house project

Post #2 for the day..

 Last fall I took on the project of remodeling our kitchen.  
After 3 months of talking granite, kitchen sinks, dishwashers, tiles selections- I was so happy to be done. 
But I was even more happy with the results.

Before

After

 I was happy to be done with our kitchen project and I swore off home improvement projects for a while.
Well now I have enjoyed my break and have decided that it is time to start working on our next home improvement project- OUR BACKYARD!!!!


So we moved in our house more than 2 years and when we bought our house our least favorite things was the backyard.  It is a pile of mud and weeds.  We have spent many dinner conversations on what to do with our backyard.  We have now decided the time is now.  

We decided we want a patio that is basic and simple.  

So I have started on the first phase... Research!!!

So last weekend after my Sunday run- I headed to the Dulles Expo center with our backyard in mind to the Home and Garden Show.  About 1 1/2 hrs later I emerged with a lot of information.  I could have spent a lot more time... but I applied the "guy shopping" rule.  I only asked for information from patio people who offered what I was looking for. 
Now I need to process it and set up some estimates..
Let the home improving begin.....




No comments:

Post a Comment