Monday, March 7, 2011

Another house project Part 3- HOA

May I first start by saying I dislike our HOA. 
I understand what a HOA does but I feel like ours is not helpful at all and just dish out rules. 
With us redoing our backyard, I knew I would have to notified the HOA aware according to our stupid bylaws.  So I painfully got all the paperwork together... as follows


Step #1
Fill out application


Step #2
Get neighbor signatures.  Yes this is so stupid!!!! Especially since no one can see our patio.  So I quickly sent my husband to two of our neighbors to get signatures.  8 minutes later husband returned... success

Step #3
Pictures
We had to send in pictures of what our backyard looks like now and pictures of what is it going to look like.. PAIN IN THE BUTT

Step #4
Send our Plat with the area highlighted that we are going to change.
So what is a Plat you might ask?
It took me about 10 minutes to find ours.  I quickly googled it and found out it is basically the lay out of your house.  You are given a certified copy when you buy a house.  So I marched up to my room and pulled our our house file and there it was.  Copied it and was on to the next step.

Step #5
Dimensions and design
I had to send in a copy of the actually layout/design from the company we are going with.

So after approximately 25 minutes with the help of my copier/scanner/printer in 1 and my hubby- Everything got stuffed into an envelope!!!!!!

On to the next phase....

No comments:

Post a Comment