Friday, February 25, 2011

Running thru life... while managing plans

We have plans this weekend to have some friends over for dinner.  Normally, this would not be a problem but with Joe is school now he devotes most of his Saturday and Sundays to studying which means it is all on me!!!  This normally would be fine but I have some things that I need to get done (a long Run, a couple errands, social stuff, etc.) 
So I have a plan.  I decided to make Lasagna for dinner!!  Why you might ask?
1)  Easy to make ahead of time
2)  I can make two and freeze one for Joe and I to eat during a week we are crazy busy
3)  Most people like lasagna - it is not an offensive food. 

So Wednesday night while my hubby was in class after my nightly run, and after starting the laundry.  I quickly got to work in the kitchen.  There was a process..

1) Setting everything out I need.  This is a must!  I know how to make my recipe without the recipe sheet. 

2) Boiling the noodles.

3) Cooking the meat.

4) Putting it all together.

I ended up making two lasagna's- one will go in the freezer for later and one in the fridge. 
Then on Saturday- I just need to pop in the oven for about 45 minutes!  I plan on making fresh green beans to go along with it- which will take no time at all.  For dessert with are having brownies and ice cream (also something very easy that most people like.)  I made the brownies last night.
So all in all it will be a pretty easy dinner party!
Dinner made easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment